Gain knowledge, reduce liability by learning more about Fair Housing and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Fair Housing is a three hour course accepted for Continuing Education Credit by the Hawaii Real Estate Commission.
This course is designed to educate the CE Student on the subject of the Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
The objective is to increase awareness, sensitivity and compliance with the Laws. The session will explain how to comply with Fair Housing Laws, providing all clients and customers Equal Housing Opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, AIDS/HIV or need for use of service animals.
This course is a must for all agents who want to provide good service in compliance with the law.
The course objectives:
- Create Awareness of Fair Housing and American's With Disabilities Acts
- Define the protected classes and rights of those persons with disabilities
- Explain Equal Rights and Fair Housing by Providing Examples and Stories
- Provide general understanding of the Agents' Obligations under Fair Housing and Americans With Disabilities Act
The course covers:
- Fair Housing Act
- Amendments to the Act
- Prohibited Practices and Investigations
- Significant Changes to the Act
- New Construction
- Accessibility Requirements
- Reasonable Modifications / Accommodations
- Protected Groups
- Avoid the Appearance or Practice of Discrimination
- Individuals with Disabilities
- Occupancy Standards under HUD Guidelines
- Marketing within Fair Housing Laws
- Complaint Procedures
- Penalties for Violations
- Practices, Policies, and Procedures to provide Equal Opportunity
Course Features Include:
- Accepted by the Hawaii Real Estate Commission. Approved Provider #54
- The ability to complete the courses online and at your convenience
- Low price, high-quality, narrated courses
- Easy to use
- Well received and reviewed by other real estate professionals
Developed in Hawaii
Our courses are developed with local knowledge of Hawaii's real estate market. Our instructor, David Catanzaro, has taught and practiced real estate in Hawaii for over 20 years. Hawaii's culture and real estate market are unique. Don't risk your tuition money on a provider without feet-on-the-ground experience in Hawaii real estate. Real estate is a local business requiring knowledge of Hawaii and the way Hawaii works.