This course is designed to educate the CE Student on the subject of the Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
The objective is to increase awareness, sensitivity and compliance with the Laws. The session will explain how to comply with Fair Housing Laws, providing all clients and customers Equal Housing Opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, AIDS/HIV or need for use of service animals.
This course is a must for all agents who want to provide good service in compliance with the law.
The course objectives:
- Create Awareness of Fair Housing and Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Acts
- Define the protected classes and rights of those persons with disabilities
- Explain equal rights and Fair Housing through examples and stories
- Provide general understanding of the agents' obligations under Fair Housing and Americans With Disabilities Act
The course covers:
- Fair Housing Act
- Amendments to the Act
- Prohibited practices and investigations
- Significant changes to the Act
- New construction
- Accessibility requirements
- Reasonable modifications / accommodations
- Protected groups
- Avoid the appearance or practice of discrimination
- Individuals with disabilities
- Occupancy standards under HUD Guidelines
- Marketing within Fair Housing laws
- Complaint procedures
- Penalties for violations
- Practices, policies, and procedures to provide Equal Opportunity