This course defines the BPO as an opinion of value developed according to industry standards by a real estate licensee. It describes standards, procedures, methods of adjusting and calculating the BPO. The three hour session, is used to explain duties and responsibilities associated with the BPO assignment; professional standards for selecting comparables; grading conditions; and how to adjust comparables to calculate value. Concepts taught in the course are valid for CMA, BPO and general valuations.
- Define and describe a BPO
- Know the Recent BPO Legislation
- Understand related duties and obligations
- Understand standards set by the industry with regard to:
- Selecting Comparables
- Know how to Qualify and Value Features
- Understand BPO terminology
- Use simple mathematical models of BPO
- Improve communications with appraiser, lender, and client
Course Features Include:
- Accepted by the Hawaii Real Estate Commission
- The ability to complete the courses online and at your convenience
- Low price, high-quality, professionally narrated courses
- Easy to use. Presentations run themselves.
- Well received and reviewed by other real estate professionals
Licensees are required to complete 20 hours of approved continuing education (CE) courses every two years consisting of 6 hours of core and 14 hours of electives. The deadline to renew a license on active status is November 30th (even-numbered years). Unless renewed, all real estate licenses expire at the end of every even-numbered year.
New salespersons renewing their license (issued that year) will be exempted from the continuing education requirement.
Licensees must satisfy the continuing education (CE) requirement of the previous biennium in order to reactivate their license. Licensees who wish to reactivate a license need at least 10 credit hours of continuing education (core course + elective courses).
The previous biennium's core course is available through May 31 of odd-numbered years. After May 31, licensees who have not completed the biennium's core course(s) will need to complete 10 hours of continuing education elective courses.
Check your CE Status
You can check the number of hours needed to reactivate or renew at the State's CE Status Page at: https://pvl.ehawaii.gov/rece/app/welcome.html
Reporting of Credit
The Real Estate Branch requires school to report course credits within 7-10 days of the courses date of completion. We will report completion credits within the state's requirement. If your specific situation requires special attention please contact us.
The Hawaii Real Estate Branch : http://cca.hawaii.gov/reb/ or by phone at 808-586-2643
Professional and Vocational Licensing Division (PVL): http://cca.hawaii.gov/pvl/ or by phone at 808-586-3000
Hawaii Real Estate License Renewal: https://pvl.ehawaii.gov/rece/app/licensee_lf.html