This course is designed to educate the CE Student on the subject of the Federal and State Fair Housing Laws.
The objective is to increase awareness, sensitivity and
compliance with the Laws. The session will explain how to comply with
Fair Housing Laws, providing
all clients and customers Equal Housing Opportunity regardless of
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status,
disability, AIDS/HIV or need
for use of service animals.
This course is a must for all agents who want to provide good service in compliance with the law.
The course objectives:
- Create Awareness of Fair Housing and Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Acts
- Define the protected classes and rights of those persons with disabilities
- Explain equal rights and Fair Housing through examples and stories
- Provide general understanding of the agents' obligations under Fair Housing and Americans With Disabilities Act
The course covers:
- Fair Housing Act
- Amendments to the Act
- Prohibited practices and investigations
- Significant changes to the Act
- New construction
- Accessibility requirements
- Reasonable modifications / accommodations
- Protected groups
- Avoid the appearance or practice of discrimination
- Individuals with disabilities
- Occupancy standards under HUD Guidelines
- Marketing within Fair Housing laws
- Complaint procedures
- Penalties for violations
- Practices, policies, and procedures to provide Equal Opportunity
In Washington, licenses expire every 2 years. Licensees can renew 120 days before their license expires. Continuing education courses are not reported to the State unless requested by the State. In the case of an audit, schools do not send information to the State. Rather, the State requires licensees to submit copies of their course completion certificates to the State directly.
On their website the Washington Department of Licensing (DOL) provides information for obtaining, renewing, updating and managing your license through the following links:
CE renewal requirements and license updates:
For Brokers: https://www.dol.wa.gov/business/realestate/brokers.html
For Managing Brokers: https://www.dol.wa.gov/business/realestate/mngbrokers.html
This information is subject to change based on the State's rules / laws updates and website link changes. Check for updates.